CODE OF CONDUCT
Save natural resources. Try not to waste in hotels by letting taps and showers run unnecessary. Switch off lights and air conditioning when you go out.
- Respect towards the resident population, their traditional values and their life style is required. This implies that restraint may occur when taking photos, so always ask permissions before taking photographs or video recordings of people is advisable.
- Please be aware that buying antiquities or removing them from their original places is contrary to law. Such illegal act may cause penalization to a religious offence.
- Always dress and behave in a manner that is in keeping with local sensibilities.
- Respect and obey the lows of the country you visit.
- Humor is almost always a better way to deal with minor irritations than assertiveness or aggression.
- Always remove shoes before entering a church.
- Never try to enter the inner Holly of Holies, which is received strictly for the priests.
- Avoiding smoking, eating or drinking in a church or talking or laughing loud ly.
- Resist the temptation to the photograph old manuscripts in sunlight, even if the priests offer to move the manuscripts in to the sun for you. Sunlight can cause great damage.
- During prayer time, try not to stray in to the areas reserved for opposite sex.